I love this character, definitely. He is cool, smart and brave. Too good for being the main character xDDD. He has a strong sense of loyalty and honor, but he is not that big headed, so he is able to realize when he is wrong and correct his path. He is a natural leader, serious and protective, specially with Reith since she is so vulnerable. Everyone follow him without a doubt.
I started making the trousers first because I though they were the most difficult garment. It was hard to figure out the shape they should had since the top part it's totally covered by the jumper. Finally I did a pattern in hakama style but more tiny and tight, trying to not show any piece of fabric in both opened sides of both legs, and only until the knee, because the pleats must be done by separate. I first put the pattern paper on my body and drew the basic shape with a pen. Then I put the pattern on a pair of trousers I usually use as a pattern for all my cosplay trousers. They can be long or until the knee so they are really useful. I finished the pattern by adding more pattern paper to it and attatched those pieces with adhesive tape. Then, I cut the fabric, which is called "texturizado" and sewn it in my mother's sewing machine. I had a few problems with the measures, but nothing that can't be solved by stretching the margin I had left in each part of the trousers. Then I did the part that would be pleated. I sewn the beginning of each pleat by hand and they had to be ironed two times by each side to maintain the pleats. I sewn the red ribbon at the bottom part of the trousers before the second ironing.
Then I did the cream white jumper. This one was really easy, I just drew the pattern in pattern paper while it was put on me, cut the fabric and sewn it. I used the black ribbon that was left over the Gambler/Lady Luck Rikku costume and I sewn it on the parts of the jumper indicated in the drawing of Calintz. I bought beige cord and 4 brown little buttons for the decorations of the jumper, and a black zipper of 75 cm to close the jumper in the front side. The beige cord was stuck to the jumper with fabric glue, and the top part of the neck was embroidered with brown thread. I did the red sleeve as a "ranglan" sleeve (I wonder how is this said in English xD), and the black one was very easy since it doesn't cover the shoulder. I later did the red "panels" that hang from the jumper, lining them with an imitation of felt I bought so they could be stiff. The drawings of one of those red "panels" and the red sleeve are made from silver fabric paint, and the orange part with red and yellow fabric paint mixed. I upload the sketches I did of the drawings so you can use them. It was a bit hard to figure them out, the zoom blurred them and they were half visible only. If you want to paint something complex on fabric, it's better to make a big sketch on paper first, and drawing a basic pattern with chalk or pastel pencil on the fabric before painting on it.
The kind of chakram that is on my back, the weird tiara on my head and the crosses on the jumper were made from foam in double layer and painted red and yellow (the black piece was alredy black). I used two little ribbons inside both sides of the tiara so I could attatch it with two hairgrips to the wig.The sword is made from a wood stick, cardboard, silver Aironfix, insulating red tape and white thick wire.
By the way, I wear grey circle lenses in this costume! They are the same I have in one of my puricute's pics in the sidebar of this website. Circle lenses make a person look like an anime character, with the appropriate eye make up. If you want to try them, this website is very good: www.circlelens2u.com . The money is in Singapore Dollars, convert them to your currency to know the final price. But that website is pretty cheap I think.
I thought at first that the trousers would be the hardest part, but I was totally wrong. The hardest part was the half skirt of white and red rhombuses. I had to make a pattern with pattern paper first and then started to put loads of red ribbon in diagonal, all togheter. I needed about 19 meters of white ribbon and 19 meters of red ribbon to make it. My mother helped me to finish it in time, we had a hard time putting the white ribbons to make the rhombuses work. I did the small piece of rhombuses and I sewn them on the two belts I previously sewn on the trousers. Both rhombuses thingies had two black decorations each, made with black foam. I really don't know what those black decorations are, I just copied their design from the original drawing of Calintz. They look like little and weird bells.
Finally, I used black cord to maintain the belts up. I also used a thick black cord for a decoration between the belts and the little rhombuses rectangle, but probably it can't be seen on the photos.